My second son, Trevor, celebrated his ninth birthday this week. I can't believe how quickly time has gone by, how quickly he has grown. Of all my boys, he seems to have his growth roots dug into the richest soil.
To celebrate his special day, we started with our tradition of daddy taking the birthday boy out to breakfast. Then a few days later, on Friday night, Trevor had some of his friends come over for a birthday party/sleep over.
We were supposed to be camping this weekend with some friends and their church family, but Spencer had a play-off football game on Saturday afternoon. It's been a tradition for the last few years to go camping in October with these friends. We only see them once or twice a year, but they are like family. I was the most bummed for having to miss the camping trip. "We can do it, Sean. We can still camp and then drive back for the game. " I tried, but I knew he was right. Yes, I'm whining and complaining. It's not an attractive quality. I should stop.
Anyway, we decided to pop up our camper next to the house and let Trevor and his buddies spend the night in it. We stocked the refrigerator with Gatorade and put out some yummy snacks. After pizza, presents, cupcakes, ice cream, and a few hours of playing outside, the boys went right into the camper for a game of Risk while watching Star Wars IV (on the smallest TV/VCR set possible....I think it's a 9 inch screen!!!) Most of them were up by 6:30 this morning, but they just hung out in the camper playing games. Sean and I slept until 8:15!!! It was time for pancakes and sausage, and then a few rounds of 'Capture the Flag.' Those boys had a blast!!! Sean and I decided this was the best way for the boys to celebrate with their friends.
Tomorrow, we'll have our final celebration for Trevor's ninth birthday (and his cousin's thirteenth birthday). My mom is cooking up a mighty fine lunch for everyone at her house. It's not every year that the boys get to celebrate their birthday three times.....but it's not every year that you turn nine, either!
Happy Birthday to My Treasure!
1 comment:
My goodness! Birthdays around here are soooo lame. I'm calling YOU next time we have a birthday. Trevor's sounds like it was a blast! :-)
Post a Comment