I just love the literal mind of younger children. Two days ago, Parker was reading about the Good Samaritan in his Bible reader. When he read that the man was left half dead by the side of the road, he stopped and thought for a moment. He's a day dreamer by nature so I often find myself 'nudging' him back to the present. Just as I was about to 'nudge' him he said this:
What does that mean, Mommy?
What does what mean, Parker?
Half dead?
That's a good question, Parker.
Does it mean he was dead from here [Parker placed his hands on the middle of his torso] down? [He motions to his feet.]
I just shook my head.....again......
*********
"Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
"What is written in the Law?" he {Jesus} replied. "How do you read it?"
He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all our heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."
John 10: 25b-28
1 comment:
He cracks me up! :)
Post a Comment