Raising four boys has its fair share of misadventures. I can't tell you how many times Sean and I have shaken our heads at the things our boys have said or done.....things that make it quite obvious that God's angels are on high alert around here.
Case in point:
Two days ago, Spencer and Trevor were outside. Spencer had a metal baseball bat and a ball in his hands. Trevor had an imaginary battle of knights and dragons brewing in his mind. They stood a couple of feet apart, back to back. Neither one aware of the other's proximity.
Ball is tossed up, bat is swung, ball is missed. But, wait......as if on cue, Trevor turns his head and receives the full force of the metal bat right across the bridge of his nose.
Yes, folks, it looks like Spencer did knock one out of the park! And this knight was defeated by the dragon!
Poor Trevor! No, he didn't really get knocked out, but he did break his nose.
Considering all of the things that could have been hit.....teeth, eyes, temple, skull.....the nose doesn't seem so bad. In fact, the ENT says that everything is still lined up and no surgery is needed.
On the way home from the doctor, I lovingly placed my hand on Trevor's shoulder. "Oh, sweetie, your still my beautiful brown-eyed boy."
"No, Mommy. Now, I'm your beautiful black-eyed boy."
***************
The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all.
Praise the Lord, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word.
Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will.
Praise the Lord, all his works everywhere in his dominion.
Praise the Lord, O my soul.
Psalm 103:19-22
2 comments:
Oh, my! I'm glad that the damage wasn't permanent.
While that sounds AWFUL, I am glad no surgery is required :)
Post a Comment