Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Weight Barrier

Maybe you've heard of it. Not the sound barrier. The WEIGHT barrier.

Though I was warned it would happen, I politely smiled and thought, "Nope, it isn't going to happen to me." But, alas, the weight gain that can creep up on cancer survivors, not only crept up on me, it added over 50 pounds.

Well, I've been working very hard to shave off this added weight. For the first two months I focused on my diet which got rid of 15 pounds.

Then came the blood, sweat and tears. For the past two months I've been working out three to five days each week, usually 60 to 90 minutes each time. I've done cardio, weights, core work, pilates, yoga, water aerobics, lap swimming, total body toning workouts, and (my new favorite) ZUMBA!!! It's been grueling, painful, awkward, exhausting, but above all else.....very rewarding.

Many areas of my body are more tone, more flexible, definitely stronger, and more fit. I have more energy and can actually jog up a flight of stairs without passing out at the top!!! Yet, I've been hovering around a certain weight for weeks now. A woman is NOT supposed to talk about her weight, but this barrier has been plaguing me!

Yesterday morning, I FINALLY broke the barrier!!! I'm still far from a healthy weight, but with all the blood, sweat, and tears I've put into it, I just had to share the news.

*******
I was pushed back and about to fall, but the Lord helped me.
The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Psalm 118:14

1 comment:

Tisha Alexander said...

I am SO proud of you!!!!! That is so wonderful... you are inspiring me. :)

I think you look great and I can tell that you have been losing. Each time I see you, you are smaller! YOU GO GIRL!!!