Well, the very first time the nurse accessed my port, I envisioned Seven of Nine plugging into her regeneration machine. The idea of being 'regenerated' helped me through my first chemo treatment. It also prompted me to dig into God's word. What could I find there about regeneration? This is what I found:
The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. (Psalm 19:7) Plugging into God's word.....every day.....is my greatest source for regeneration. As Paul tells us in Hebrews 4:12,13: For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
Have you ever experienced the pain of having your soul spiritually 'uncovered and laid bare' before your Creator? It's kind of painful, isn't it? But the result is such freedom.
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. Psalm 23:1-3.
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
Seven of Nine and her Regeneration Machine.......I love how God inspires me to dig deeper into His Word and to find his truths in this fallen world.
1 comment:
Sounds like you are going to have a Psalm 131 kind of day. I love those days.
Continuing to pray for you...
Post a Comment