Look out Dori!
It wasn't long ago that I took up swimming....or was it that swimming took me up? Hmm.....maybe both.
I started with a floaty around my middle, a kickboard under my hands, and flippers on my feet. Taking the advice of that lovable blue fish from Finding Nemo, I went back every week and just kept swimming.
A few weeks ago the unthinkable happened. Without my floaty and without my kick board I swam an ENTIRE MILE in the pool. That's 34 downs....and 34 backs. Wow!!!
Is this bragging? It's not meant to be. (Though I don't mind a pat on the back....oh, thank you!)It's meant to encourage. Someone out there needs to hear the message. "Just keep _______!" Maybe it's swimming, maybe it's praying, maybe it's loving your teenager, maybe it's folding laundry, maybe it's praising God in the midst of the storm.
It wasn't long ago that I took up swimming.....or maybe it was swimming that took me up.
1 comment:
Wow Michelle, that is impressive! That didn't take you long at all. You should be proud. :)
Post a Comment