Thursday, May 7, 2009

Parker's Ponderings and a Prayer Request

Recently I had the incredible opportunity to be a team member for a Women's Discipleship Walk through my church. It was a wonderful time watching God work in the lives of so many women, including my own.

Of course, these opportunities are always surrounded with chaos for me. In this case, Sean's return flight home from an out-of-state work trip didn't land until many hours after I was supposed to be at the campground. Thankfully, I had some help from some friends and family and was able to get each boy 'shipped off' for a sleep over at various locations.

One homeschooling friend was brave enough to take Parker. Miriam has three older children between 6th and 9th grade. So for my seven year old Parker, who flourishes in the company of older kids and adults, it was the perfect place for him to be.

Miriam says she could write a book of all the funny-odd-strange sayings that came out of Parker's mouth on his visit to her house. But for now, she's offered this conversation that took place at the Lego table between Parker and her 8th grade son, Sean:

Parker: Sean, do you have a female?
Sean: Uh? A Lego female figure?
Parker: No, you know...a female.
Sean: Aaaa....
Parker: A female that you're going to marry.
Sean: O-o-o-h-h...no I don't have one yet.

Oh, the funny things that kids say. And for the record, we're considering making Parker wear a T-shirt that reads, "My parents take no responsibility for the things that come out of my mouth!"

*******
A Simple Thank You: I do want to take the opportunity to thank so many who check this site and who continually keep me and my family in prayer. I'm often amazed at the number of people who say that they continue to read this blog, checking in to see what they can pray about for me. Soon, I will try to update more on my current physical, emotional, spiritual state. But for now, I ask for continued prayers for increased strength and stamina, for decreased pain in my right chest wall and right arm, for continued peace when odd symptoms pop up, and for a Christ-like mind and attitude as I walk through this on-going battle to take back my life. I'm having a fine-needle aspiration tomorrow due to a nodule present on the left side of my thyroid. Nodules are common. In fact, I've had this nodule for a couple of years. Many people have them. Over 95-99% of them are benign. But the only way to make sure it's not malignant is to do a biopsy. Given my recent history, the new endocrinologist I'm seeing thinks it's best to be sure. And so I go.......

4 comments:

Monica said...

God certainly gave you a gift in Parker- the gift of humor. He crackes me up. I can only imagine what must have been going through Shawn's mind when asked about having female.

I will be praying for your biopsy. You are a brave girl.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Michelle,
We do continue to pray for you. I was thinking of you today and the hymn "It is well with my soul" came to mind. Such rich words. May they ring true to you today.
Dawn for the Davis'

Tisha Alexander said...

I am praying for you...

Gidget said...

I'll be prayin for ya. I always anticipate reading your next entry to see what those boys are up to. You really have a gift for writing Michelle. And you have a true passion to share what you have learned with others.What a blessing you are . Love ya, G