In February, I mentioned that I'd turned a corner and was on my way to finding 'me' again. Unfortunately, the moment was temporary. Though there were glimpses here and there through March and April, it took until the end of May to really feel like I was moving forward again.
Thankfully, I found a new doctor who was not only willing to listen to my concerns with true empathy, but she was also willing to DO something about it. Instead of the rhetorical...'that's too bad'.....'hmm, this normally doesn't happen'..... and 'let's give it some more time'.....this new doctor took initiative and said....'LET'S DO SOMETHING.' Praise God for Dr. K. P.!!!!
I also have had a physical therapist who has been working with me since June. She's not only been an intricate part of my physical healing, but she's also been instrumental in my emotional healing. She's given a listening and empathetic ear and great advice during each of my hour long treatments. Praise God for Barbara!!!
Moving forward feels SOOO good. This summer, instead of looking at the finish line and feeling disappointed in the distance that remains, I will be grateful for each forward step that I can take.
******
"We have the idea that God is going to do some exceptional thing, that He is preparing and fitting us for some extraordinary thing by and by but as we go on in grace we find that God is glorifying Himself here and now, in the present minute. If we have God's say-so behind us, the most amazing strength comes, and we learn to sing in the ordinary days and ways." Taken from June 4 reading of My Utmost for His Highest, by Oswald Chambers.
No comments:
Post a Comment