Sunday, January 24, 2010

Flu-Bug, Don't Bother Me

Immediately after my last post....in fact, it happened right after I pushed the 'publish post' icon....I heard strange sounds coming from one of the boys' bedrooms. It was late and they'd all been asleep for awhile.

You know it's not good when a child comes out of his room with one hand on his head and the other on his belly with these words on his lips, "Mommy, I don't feel so good. I think I'm going to......."

Yep. Puke. That and other things.

But every gross story has a silver lining, right? I suppose if your going to get the flu, or intestinal bug, or whatever this was, this is the kind you want to get. After 4 hours of puking, followed by 20 hours of sleeping on and off with a low grade fever, it was over. So, with some extra fluids and clean underwear, all was better!

Well, that is until son #2 came down with it two days later.

So we're in a holding pattern here and we're hoping no one else jumps on this GI ride.

**********
I was pushed back and about to fall, but the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Psalm 118:13,14

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

Monica said...

No fun! The older they get the grosser it gets. I've learned this from experience:( Praying that everyone stays in good health this week.

Brooke said...

Thank God for clean underwear :) Thinking of you and praying for a week of recovery!