Tuesday, November 27, 2007

GREAT News today!!

"I will extol the Lord at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the Lord;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the Lord WITH ME;
let us exalt his name together.

I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
The poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those
who fear him,
and he delivers them.

TASTE AND SEE that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."
Psalm 34:1-8

My surgery went well this morning. I drifted off to sleep while commenting on the cute head covers everyone was wearing.......and woke up to the news that the pathologist did not detect any cancer in my sentinel nodes. I remember asking my husband to sing the song, "God is so good," and drifted back to sleep before he finished the first line!

So, I'M HOME TONIGHT!!! My kids and my family have been taken care of with such love by the medical staff, my family and my friends. What a blessing to me!

The absolute worst part of the day was receiving 4 injections around my breast an hour prior to surgery. OH MY!!! But I am able to find some comic relief in the 4 beautiful blue marks that remain. First, blue is my favorite color. Second, well, how do I say this? What goes in must come out! My boys got a big kick out of that!!!

Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Great is our God ! We praise your Holy Name.

Tonya Rea said...

Our God is Awesome and worthy of all praise!!! Thanks for the update....

Julie HS said...

In a time of anguish and concern -finding out that my sentinel node was negative was the greatest high ever! Enjoy it! Enjoy it! It will help you through the weeks to come (in your bubble :)
Julie HS

Rachel said...

Could there be a Colts connection with the Blue?? Go Blue!!

Sorry..I just couldn't resist. We're praising God right along with you!!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Oh, ow, Michelle. But Praise God for it not being in your lymph nodes!

Monica said...

What wonderful news!! Praying for a quick recovery and rest for you today.