When I was little my family would take an occasional road trip. My special spot was to sleep on the floor board of the back seat. I'd have my pillow and my blanket and would just cuddle up while the hum of the car and rhythm of the road would rock me to sleep. I didn't have a care in the world. My daddy was driving. I knew I was safe.
This week I feel as if I jumped into the backseat of the car again. I've let go all the cares of this world for a few days. I've cuddled up with my pillows (I think I counted 6 of them) and my blanket. The muffled sounds of my boys voices through my closed door have replaced the gentle hum of the car. And of course, the painkillers have helped to gently lull me to sleep. My Heavenly daddy is driving. I know that I am safe.
I can't even begin to tell you all the love that I have received this last week since I started this journey. I've had extra care for my kids, extra help with meals, and a whole lot of extra prayers from ALL over. It has made all the difference to me in my recovery.
Thank You!!!
2 comments:
So glad that you are resting well. Keep up the good work:)
My Sister Michelle - Take comfort in knowing you are being watched over in the lovingkindness of our God. Rest and be strengthened in the words of David in Psalm 63:
"On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me."
I'm praying for you and your family - may your "bubble" of peace be strengthened and lengthened through the awesome power of Jesus our King!
Patty T.
Post a Comment