I had my second surgery yesterday. All went really well, even though the timing was delayed. The surgery was to be at 1:00, but it didn't begin until 2:30. Friends and family were present to pray with me and to encourage me, to laugh with me and even to cry with me. And I know many others were at home and work praying for me, too. The nurse I had a few weeks ago popped in to check up on me and my doctor did another excellent job. One friend kept my boys all morning and into the evening and then they spent the night at my mom and dad's. Sean and I arrived home around 6:00 p.m. and we enjoyed a VERY yummy meal that a friend had prepared for us. Considering I had not eaten since 7:00 pm the night before...well, I had to restrain myself from eating the whole thing!!!
Dr. R. has added a port access a few inches below my collar bone on the right side. This will allow easier access for the nurses when its time for chemotherapy. It will also save the veins in my right arm. Some of the extra tissue and some skin on my left breast were also removed (for more info on that you can refer back to my entry 'Details, not for the Faint of Heart.') And praise the Lord, He took care of my seroma that had developed from my previous surgery, so that it did not need to be drained. Overall, I think I will recover much more quickly from this procedure.
Sadly, I'm missing out on today's Christmas Celebration with Sean's side of the family. Sean is on his way now to pick up the boys at my mom's house and drive south for a couple of hours. Thankfully, my mom and one of my sisters will be popping in today to check on me and visit with me. In the long run, the quiet time will be good for me, and may help in a quicker recovery so that I can really enjoy Christmas Day at our home.
Normally, I have a hard time getting up in the morning. I'd much rather sleep until 7:30 or 8:00. But this morning....the morning that I didn't have any kids at home to wake me up (you see, it's not uncommon for at least one of them to stroll into our room and crawl onto my side of the bed around 6:30), well, this morning I was awakened at 6:30. After several minutes of attempting to go back to my sweet repose, I finally got out of bed, came downstairs, and spent some time devotional time with the Lord.
Today's message was on 'The Gift of Support' and the bible reading was from Exodus 17:8-16. The gist of the lesson was this: 'When we refuse to allow anyone to share our personal battles, we risk two negative consequences: (1) We often lengthen the battle. (2)When we do not ask for support, we cheat others of the joy of victory.' You see, God delights in allowing us the privilege of experiencing spiritual victories....together. So, once again, I thank you for being a part of this journey...this battle...with me. I thank those of you who hold up my hands when I can no longer do it on my own. I thank those who are on the battle field with me....those ladies who have gone before me in this fight and who lovingly share their lives and experiences with me, those who are helping me make the best informed decisions that I can, and those whose prayers continue to go before my Lord.
To end, I want to share a song the boys and I like to sing. (I called them up on their journey south, because I couldn't remember all the words....how sweet, to hear my boys sing these words to me!)
The victory is mine when the battle is the Lord's.....Hosanna, Hosanna
No enemy can stand when His praise goes forth.......Hosanna, Hosanna
Hosanna.....He's won the victory
Hosanna.....Over ALL our enemies
Hosanna.....We lift our hands in praise
Hosanna.....We'll conquer in His name
Repeat
2 comments:
What an answer to prayer that all went well. You must be exhausted- 2 surgeries in one month!
I hope that you are going to be having some serious down time with your family this next week. I know that you'll be enjoying every minute of it.
Again, such an encouragement when God's Word speaks right to our circumstances. Another confirmation that He's got you right where He wants you.
This entry made me cry, Michelle. Praise the Lord for your sweet spirit. I am praying and am enjoying this opportunity to get to know my sister's good friend better. Did you have a good Christmas with your "boys"?
Post a Comment