Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 12 -- Ode to My Hair (Part II)

Ode to My Hair (Part II)

My hair, My hair!
It's very much there.
It's not fallen out
So, I'll give a big shout!
Still, it's too early to cheer
For day fourteen's not here.

(I thought I'd tell you
That I'm not feeling blue.
'Cause I trust that you care
'Bout my curly-top hair,
And were curious to know,
Well.... at least.... I thought so!)

Is it selfish for me
To ask to be free,
Of the hair on my chin
That sticks out when I grin.
...or the hair on my toes,
on my legs, in my nose?

Well, I guess I should wait
And not speculate.
And be thankful instead
For the hair on my head,
'Cause My God knows each one.
May Your will, Lord, be done!

*******

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 20:29-30

Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:19b,20.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ode to your hair, and a fine crop it is . It sounds like it grounds from your toes through your nose to the top of your head. Lets hope, that if it goes it starts in your toes and goes no father than your nose. I love you .
PS
I'm looking for a little hair myself.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Edit to last comment made by DAD. Grows is the proper word to be used not grounds. Sorry I need to poof read in the future .
Dad

Anonymous said...

Dear Michelle,

I've seen your hair at its best and its worst,
But to see you without it would sure be a first!
Without your hair, you'd be the same girl,
Although it's hard to imagine you without a curl!

I hope that it stays, oh, I hope and I pray,
But if it falls out - and I know that it may,
Just think of what else God might have in store -
it's hard to imagine...but what if it's more??!!