In the last few months, I read somewhere, in some article, at some doctor's office that fatigue affects 80% of cancer patients. At the time I thought, "Well, I seem to be doing pretty well so far. Sure, I've had side effects from chemo.....but I just might 'kick' this fatigue thing."
HA!! Wishful thinking.
Fatigue is here. It teeter-totters from one spectrum to the other. From low to high. But I just can't seem to 'kick' it. Here is what the American Heritage Dictionary, along with some of my personal modifications, has to say about fatigue:
1) Something, such as tiring effort or activity (like cancer treatment), that causes weariness.
2) The decreased capacity or complete inability of an organism (that would be me!) to function normally because of excessive stimulation (like 4 surgeries, multiple infusions, various pokes and unexpected prods) or prolonged exertion (a.k.a. everyday stuff).
3) The weakening of a material, such as metal or wood (I would add blood, bones, muscles, and brain matter), resulting from prolonged stress.
Here's another way to define fatigue:
F ailure of Gumption
A pathy for the Everyday
T ired, but not Sleepy
I nability to Manage the Ordinary
G et up and Go has Got up and Went
U nable to Focus
E xhausted
Despite this weariness and by the grace of God, I get up everyday (although not always at the recommended time). One foot finds its way in front of the other. Smiles pop on my face and tiny miracles are experienced when least expected. I can not say it enough. God is faithful--morning by morning!!
This fatigue shall pass! Continue to give me your strength, Lord, in the midst of it. Strength of body, mind and spirit.
********
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31
1 comment:
Chellebug, Swindoll says "God is in control of the times and seasons. Some times are hard, and some seasons are dry. So the conclusion is: God is in control of the hard times and dry seasons."Habakkuk 3:17-18 "Though the fig tree does not blossom, and no fruit is on the vines; though the produe of the olive fails and fields yield no food; though the flock is cut off from the fold and there is no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in God of my salvation." May this season of trial ease as you focus on your God. I love you, Mom
Post a Comment