Today was my first 'work-up' in preparation for radiation. I was pleased with the tenderness of the staff. So, I have much for which to be thankful..... considering in a couple of weeks they will be a part of my daily life for 5-6 weeks.
Above the treatment table was a beautiful painting of a sunrise. As I lay there (lie there?? Which is it?? I could never get that right in school!!!), I was able to refocus my attention from my temporal circumstances to more eternal things. Rather than use my own words, I will borrow some from Ethan the Ezrahite in Psalm 89, verses 1-2, 5-8:
I will sing of the Lord's great love forever,
with my mouth I will make your faithfulness
known through all generations.
I will declare that your love stands firm forever,
that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself.
The heavens praise your wonders, O Lord,
your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.
For who in the skies above can compare with the Lord?
Who is like the Lord among the heavenly beings?
In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared;
he is more awesome than all who surround him.
O Lord God almighty, who is like you?
You are mighty, O Lord, and your faithfulness
surrounds you.
God is faithful. God is mighty. God's love stands firm forever. There is nothing we can do to make Him love us more. There is nothing we can do to make Him love us less. God's love stands firm FOREVER.
No comments:
Post a Comment