I've been tagged......with a meme......and although I know what a Mimi is, I've never heard of a 'meme.' (I'm still very knew to the blogging world!!!) But I'm happy to play along. Thankfully, I was able to find out the rules by going back to the blog of the one who tagged me.....(Thanks, Judy @ http://midsummermeanderings.blogspot.com/ )........So here it goes:
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning:
1. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
3. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
Q. What were you doing five years ago today?
1. Sean and I made the official decision to homeschool....Spencer was to start Kindergarten in the Fall. We were a bit leery about what our friends and family would think and how they would react because there weren't many homeschoolers in our circle of friends/family at that time.
2. Well, I know I wasn't eating bon-bons every day, though I'd sometimes dream about it!!!! I had three boys who were 5 years old and under.....with another on the way!!!!
3. I was past the half-way mark of my fifth pregnancy.....and just starting to breathe easier. Our fourth son, Peter Michael, was Heavenborn during my second trimester and I was afraid it might happen again.
4. I was working as a Physical Therapist one day each week at a hospital in Indy. It was like a mini-vacation from my Real Job As a Mom.....only I got paid for it!!!!
5. I was thrilled for my husband. God had provided him with a wonderful job that he really wanted AND he was enjoying, too!! That's always a bonus.
Q. 5 things on your to do list today.
1. Find some phoo-phoo creamer for my coffee!!!! I can't drink it black or with milk. I NEED Hazelnut creamer.....we were out....and Sean, who usually makes the trip to the store in the morning when we find ourselves in this predicament (because he wants it just as much as me....though he'd never admit it), was OUT OF TOWN!!!!
2. Radiation. My third radiation treatment was scheduled for 9:45.....but the office called at 9:10 to tell me that the machine was down and could I make it later in the day? I was thinking, "Uh.....that may not be as simple as you think. My husband is out of town, my childcare was lined up for the designated time (9:45), I've got other appointments today and I can't just walk in there with my four boys." BUT, I said, "Well, you can call me on my cell phone up until 1:00, but I doubt I can make it in the afternoon." I did get a call (when I was doing my to-do list #3) and was able to get in at 12:30.
3. Dog Food. Must get dog food. Poor thing has been out of food for almost 2 days and is relying on our table scraps....though I'm sure she didn't mind that at all!!! So, I decided to go ahead and go to my friend's house (who was going to watch the boys while I went to my radiation appointment), only I stayed, too, and we visited. Then, the boys and I left at 10:30 and headed to Wal-Mart for Dog Food........oh, yes....and don't forget the Hazelnut Creamer ......and bread.....and fruit.....some yogurt.....we're out of cereal, too. It donned on me that I hadn't made a trip like this with all 4 boys for over 8 months!!!! So although some of you may think I'm crazy, it was a WONDERFUL trip just knowing I had the energy to do it!!!
4. Oncology Visit and Herceptin Infusion. You just never know how this is going to work out. Either everything goes well and in a timely manner....OR.....not. Today it was a not. Everything went well, it just wasn't timely. Thankfully, my dear neighbor who was watching my boys was not in any hurry to go anywhere or be anywhere. So, for my boys, I'm sure they were glad my appointment lasted FOREVER. They had a blast at their friend's house!
5. Read......I'm reading another book by one of my favorite fiction authors....Ted Dekker. Though I'm not so sure I'm sold on this particular book. But I had PLENTY of time to read while I waited for my doctor.
Q. 5 snacks you enjoy:
1. Apples with peanut butter.
2. Whatchamacallit Candy Bars (haven't had one in years!)
3. Kettle Popcorn.
4. Applesauce with mini-chocolate chips on top.
5. Peanut Butter Cookies.
Q. 5 things you would do if you were a billionaire:
1. Buy a house with lots of acreage, including creeks and trees to climb. My husband could retire and be the gentleman farmer he's always wanted to be (well, that is, that's what he told me last year when I asked him a similar question).
2. Do and Give to many short-term missions trips over-sees, especially in Africa.
3. Take a very long vacation to Italy and Greece. My grandma is 100% Macedonian but was born in the USA. Her parents immigrated here. I would love to take her and all of the Christ family to Macedonia (north Greece).
4. Adopt as many children as Sean would let me.
5. Invest wisely and then give the rest to those in need and to various research (like breast cancer).
Q. 5 jobs you have had.
1. Yogurt Server
2. Activities Leader for a Nursing Home
3. Camp Counselor at Bradford Woods
4. Resident Assistant in my dorm in college (paid for room and board!!)
5. Physical Therapist
Q. 5 people you want to tag.
(This one's hard, because I'm so new to blogging!!! Ladies, if you've done this before, just refer me to your blog entry!!)
1. Monica @ http://monica-shineagain.blogspot.com/
2. Tisha @ http://tisha-myrestingplace.blogspot.com/
3. Rachel @ http://jacksonfamilynews.blogspot.com/
4. Michelle @ http://glorious-mayhem.blogspot.com/
5. Ronda @ http://rondasnotes.blogspot.com/
3 comments:
Hi Michelle:)
I posted my meme today. I still need to tag some people, but I have to finish packing or I will be up all night!
Hi Michelle...
I will post my meme when we get back home! Thanks for tagging me. :)
I'm guess a meme is "it's all about MEME", but I could be wrong.
Anyway-thanks for taking the time to do this goofy thing.:-)
Post a Comment