Friday, August 8, 2008

Camp Compassion

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Luke 6:37,38

My family was blessed this week. I mean REALLY blessed. Seeds of compassion were sown into our lives by an unlikely group. About a dozen 6th, 7th and 8th grade students, along with 3 brave adults, came for a few hours on Thursday. While they cleaned my home and entertained my children, I was able to go to a doctor's appointment.

These young men and young women came with arms ready to serve. And they did it with a cheerful spirit. My family wasn't the only recipient of their 'good measure.' They were part of Camp Compassion. For an entire week, they (and two other teams) have been ministering to people in our church and in our community.

I just want to send out a special thank you to Pastor Rob and Pastor Rhonda for putting it all together. What a wonderful way to see Luke 6:37,38 in action!!! And THANK YOU to the White Crew! You Rock!

God is faithful. His promises are true. He has provided for me and my family in so many unique and unexpected ways during this journey! Thank you, Lord.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so awesome!

Melissa

jan said...

How fun! What a great, practical way to show kids it's not all about "me".

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!!! I just wanted you to know that I love you friend and I am praying for you!!! I too would love to come clean your house...or do whatever!