Belly Button: My blues are over! I should have mentioned this awhile back, but all is well with my incision from my oophorectomy. Those two last pesky stitches that my GYN took out did the trick!
Radiation: Although radiation is over, my skin is very irritated in my armpit. In the last couple of days, the irritation has grown. So I continue to use some special cream and pray that will do the trick. If not, I might have to try something else.
Cast: Praise God! Trevor got his cast off today!!!! Poor little arm. It looks like it's not seen the light of day in 6 weeks....Oh, that's right...It hasn't! Although new bone has grown to connect the breaks, it may take another year or two for the bone to remodel itself back to its intended shape. In the meantime, Trevor has a skinny, bumpy, weak forearm. He's not allowed to ride anything with wheels or to run. He could easily rebreak it if fell. The orthopod reassures me that within the year, Trevor's arm will be strong and less bumpy again. To celebrate, we went to my sister's pool. The first time Trevor got in he said he couldn't breathe. I think the shock of the cool water was a bit overwhelming to the neglected skin on his arm. He didn't stay in very long. After some time, he tried again and ended up staying in for 2 hours. Oh, I was so glad! Please pray that common sense resides in his 8 year old brain!!!
Work: I've been very patient waiting for strength to return in my arms, stability in my shoulders, and energy to my body. I miss my second job (or maybe it's my third.....mom...homeschool....PT). I miss working with patients, helping them regain their independence and strength. And I KNOW my co-workers have missed me since they've had to pick up more weekends than usual over the last 8 months. So, although I'm still not going full speed, I decided to slowly ease myself back into my 'paid vacation days.' Pray that I will be wise.
Fundraiser/Softball Tournament: My team is ready.....The Chellebugs!! The tournament is set for Saturday, Sept. 13th. There are four families affected by cancer who are benefiting from the event. If you get hungry next week, eat at Papa Joe Jr's on August 5th, 6th and 7th Papa Joe Jr's will be donating a portion of their sales from lunch and dinner.....Check out Saturday's Flyer for more details. Members of the Sweet Melissa Foundation have been working very hard to get things ready. Please come out to the tournament in September and support their efforts.....and come and give me a hug!!! I'll be on the red team.
Thanks again! God is moving. He's faithful. He's sovereign.
No comments:
Post a Comment