Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mrs. Potato Head

As I child, I was fascinated by Mr. Potato Head. I remember how neat it was to change his eyes, his mouth, his arms, his feet.

Little did I know that I'd grow up and become a Mrs. Potato Head. During my bald stage, I could choose between wigs or scarves, and I could change the look of my brows with the stroke of my pencil.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I had the rare opportunity to try on different sized 'thing-a-ma-bobs.' Hmm....choices....choices. Do I go big or do I stick with comfort? After much deliberation and varying proportions, I finally made a decision. Because of some lymphadema issues I'm experiencing, I went with a version that can stick directly to my skin. Very cool!

It used to be that, at night, I could just brush my teeth and go to bed. Now, I've also got to brush my 'doodge-a-ma-flops' before tucking them into their own special box. What an odd experience! I'm reminiscent of the Walton nights and feel a certain urge to say, "Goodnight Thing One" ..."Goodnight Thing Two." And as I lay my head upon my pillow, I can almost hear their muffled responses ......"Good night, Mrs. Potato Head!" :)

1 comment:

Monica said...

You are too funny!! I'll never look at Mrs. Potato Head quite the same way again. :)