Monday, November 24, 2008

Psalm 131

My heart is not proud, O Lord,

my eyes are not haughty;

I do not concern myself

with great matters

or things too wonderful for me.

But I have stilled and

quieted my soul;

like a weaned child with

its mother,

like a weaned child is my

soul within me.



O Israel, put your hope in

the Lord

both now and forevermore.



**********

Thank you, Monica! What a perfect follow up to 'More than Watchmen Wait!'

3 comments:

Monica said...

I've taken some time to study this passage in depth and it blesses me each time. This is a passage that is easily memorized and meditated upon in times such as yours. Be blessed my friend!

Tisha Alexander said...

Hey... I am sure I won't talk or see you before Friday, so...
Have a blast! I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Precious! Chuck Swindoll says today "Thanksgiving speaks in clear, crisp tones of forgotten terms, like integrity---bravery---respect---faith---vigilance---dignity---honor---freedom---discipline---sacrifice---godliness." Colossians 1: 11-12 "May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from His glorious power...while joyfully giving thanks to the Father." Even in these difficult times nothing, NO NOTHING can steal your Joy and Love in and with Jesus. We love you and see Him growing in you.
Mom and Dad