Friday, March 20, 2009

No Matter What!

Recently, I've been wondering what the purpose of this blog is and I've come to the conclusion that what it all comes down to is hope and trust. Breast cancer and its treatments are difficult to walk through no matter who you are. But breast cancer isn't the only difficult thing to walk through. So if in some way, big or small, I can encourage someone out there who is walking through a difficult time, big or small, then I've accomplished the purpose of this blog.

Hope is something that every person needs. Of course, my hope is not in my doctors, or my treatments, or the people whom I love and cherish. My hope is in Jesus Christ. My hope tells me that no matter what may come, no matter what I may face, that He will never leave me.

What good is that? It's not just good. It is powerful. It is life changing. It is EVERYTHING!!!

Trust is something that only God can do 100% of the time. Trustworthiness. I trust a lot of people, but even so, those people will let me down from time to time. Not intentionally, of course, but by the sheer fact that they are imperfect human vessels, they will fail me now and then. (Just as I will fail them now and then). But God is 100% trustworthy. His Word provides a list of promises that He will keep, no matter what.

What good is that? It's not just good. It is powerful. It is life changing. It is EVERYTHING!!!!

So, today, I write this blog to encourage myself. To remind myself where my hope rests and to whom I can place my trust.

I had a chest X-ray on Wednesday, and have yet to get the results. I've had some chronic pain in three areas of my right rib cage and I've been experiencing a decline in my pulmonary function (which basically means, I'm getting short of breath with some basic tasks). It could be a number of reasons, and most have nothing to do with breast cancer.

But I wait, I hope, I trust. No matter what.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Your words and life are an encouragement. You may never know the number of people who have read your blog in the past or the many more in the future, but God will use it.