Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day 10 - Ode to My Hair

Okay, this is a bit silly, but I thought I'd share it anyway. I find humor very therapeutic. I hope you can laugh with me, too. I was told that I should know what my hair will do somewhere between day 10 and day 14 from my first chemo treatment. So the question is.......Will it stay or will it go, now? (yes, you have to sing that just like the lyrics, 'Will I stay or will I go now?')

ODE TO MY HAIR

Today is the day
My dear nurse did say
That I may start losing my hair.

I haven't a clue
What it will do.
I wonder, and try not to care.

As I wait patiently
To see what will be
Of my curly-top up on my head.

I'll be not afraid
For the Lord God He made
Me to lay with sweet sleep on my bed.

But should I wake up
With my hair in a clump
On my pillow......instead of my crown.

I'll lift my head high
(After a really good cry)
And I'll walk with a smile, not a frown.

******

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down your sleep will be sweet. Proverbs 3:24
A cheerful heart is good medicine.... Proverbs 17:22

1 comment:

Monica said...

I'll never think of that song the same again:) I hope your hair decides to stay, but if not you may get to try a new hairstyle for the first time ever. Us curly heads have only one style- Big!