Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Port Update

Just wanted to send a big THANK YOU to all who were praying for me yesterday morning. The procedure went well. I didn't have to be put under general anesthesia which makes for an easier recovery process. Though I'd have to say that having my head draped with the blue sterile field (with plenty of room to breathe) and conversing with the doctor on the other side as he poked and prodded, applied the new port and pried out the old port......well, that was more than a little uncomfortable for me.

One of the surgical nurses told me I was in the best of care. Although I didn't doubt his confidence in the surgeon, I did remind him that the 'proof was in the pudding.' Where that came from, I have no idea! It just rolled off my tongue as I tried to find a little humor in the midst of the moment.

The day before surgery I read the following from Isaiah 37:16......."O Lord Almighty, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kindgdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth." I was in the best of care on Monday morning, and always have been.........there's no doubt about it.

Please pray for quick healing so there won't be any delays to begin radiation. Pray that my new port works well when it is accessed. And please pray that this port becomes one with me as I move (in the sense that I don't always feel like a big Lego is stuck in my chest when I move my arms and my head.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for no Legos, Friend!! :)

C

(have to go "anonymous" since I can't figure out these other identity options... :) technologically challenged here.... :)

Rachel said...

I'm so glad your procedure went well. I'll be praying for your recovery!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Michelle, for sharing your story. You've been through so much, are still going through so much, and yet I see you reading God's word, praying, living that vine life in the midst of this trial. You are an inspiration to me. Now, I'm getting off this computer and getting alone with the Lord. Thanks! My prayers are with you and your family. (I'm technically challenged, too, so will be your anonymous friend)

Monica said...

You have endured much, my friend. Thanks you for continuing to share your struggles and victories. God is being glorified.