The three older boys have been busy these last two weeks with Music Camp. They've had practice every morning for three hours in preparation for their performance tonight of "Race to Win!" This is Trevor's third year, Parker's second year, and Spencer's first year to go to this camp. I'm really looking forward to the show!!
The other night Parker was getting out of the bath tub and complaining about being sooooooo tired. The combination of going to bed late and getting up for Music Camp has taken it's toll on his 6 year old body. Using the 'burning the candle at both ends' analogy, I tried to explain to Parker why he was so tired, and that I would do better as a mommy in making sure he got enough rest.
Last night, as Sean was putting Parker to bed, Parker was explaining to his daddy how he felt poorly the other day.
Sean: What do you think it was from?
Parker: Well, you see, I had two candles on both sides of my head. It was from going to bed too late and getting up too early.
After tucking Parker in, Sean came to ask me what in the world that was about. After about 5 minutes of laughing my head off, I was finally able to explain to my concrete husband why Parker had 'two candles on either side of his head.' What a hoot!! It was good to laugh like that.
************
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death. Psalm 68: 19,20
1 comment:
I love it how literal kids are sometimes. Funny stuff.
Post a Comment