Monday, July 7, 2008

General Ramblings and Praises

I've had plenty of ideas to posts....just not enough time to put them down. I did want to mention some praise reports.

*My port finally feels at home in my body....just under my left collar bone and beside my sternum. No more strange feelings when I turn my head or laugh or cough. In the last week I've even been able to lie down on my belly for about an hour at a time at night. I haven't been able to do that comfortably for almost eight months.

*My radiation treatments are going well. I've completed 13 and have 15 to go. There's been minimal darkening of the skin in the radiated area and only a minor irritation in the area under my armpit.

*My hair keeps growing!!! Look out for 'Ode to My Hair' Part IV!!!

*A dear friend of mine and her family is having a ladies softball tournament in Brownsburg on September 13th. The proceeds are to benefit 4 families, including mine. If you want more information, you can check out her foundation's website at: www.sweetmelissafoundation.org


I just had to mention a conversation I had over the weekend with Grama while Parker sat with us enjoying his popsicle. I said something about 'putting my foot in my mouth,' and Parker interjected, "Oh, yeah.....I've done that!" Grama and I laughed hysterically. We knew Parker was not thinking of figurative feet!!!!

May you find joy in your day today. Even in the midst of the heaviest of life's circumstances, may an unexpected smile tweak your face and a giggle cross your path. May you place your burdens at the feet of Jesus and leave them there for Him to carry.

********
"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death." Psalm 68:19-20

Jesus speaking to his disciples....."Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." John 16:17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Michelle! I'm so glad to hear the update.
Great website thanks for the link! We miss you!
Melissa