Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Nice Break

Last week didn't turn out as I had planned......and that's a good thing. Initially, I thought I'd have a week to myself without any of the boys. I'd have time to get my house back in order, time to get in some important planning meetings for the homeschool co-op, and time to read a good book and rest. Trevor's unexpected trip to the ER changed that.

Spencer went off to Church Camp without Trevor. Parker and Brenner went off with Mimi and Papaw for a week of camping. Sean was in and out of town with his work. Trevor and I stayed home.

It turns out that Spencer had a blast on his trip to Wise, West Virginia. He went caving and swimming, completed a ropes course and ate LOTS of food....More importantly, he had the opportunity to 'grow in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.' (Luke 2:52) He grew up just a little bit more while he was away. I'm so proud of Spencer.

Parker and Brenner had a blast on their trip to Turkey Run and Raccoon Lake with Mimi and Papaw. They rode bikes, splashed in the lake, played at the playground, met new friends and ate LOTS of food.....More importantly, they had a special time with their grandparents.....What a wonderful memory they will have of their trip in the big RV with Mimi and Papaw!!!!! Brenner, at 4 1/2, learned how to ride without his training wheels on the trip. Boy, was he excited to show us his new feat when he got home. "Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children." (Prov. 17:6) "Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands." (Deut. 7:9) I'm so proud of Parker and Brenner.

Trevor had a blast staying home. He spent two days and one night with one of his best buddies. He had a date just with me, some time just with his daddy, and a date with me and his daddy.....ALL in one week. He certainly doesn't usually get that kind of one-on-one time. I'm so glad he had it!!! Of all my boys, he asks the least of me. I'm a busy mom, and sometimes I forget to take the extra one-on-one time that really ministers to the spirits of my boys. "Even a child is known by his actions, by whether his conduct is pure and right." (Proverbs 20:11) I'm so proud of Trevor.

I had a blast, too. I had time to organize some of my house and attend some important meetings, time to visit with friends and read part of book, and time to rest. But most importantly, I had time for Trevor.

Thank you, Lord!!

**********
I read this morning that 'sons will be like olive shoots around your table.' (Ps 128:3). Well, I don't know how fast olive shoots grow, but if its anything like my boys.....look out!!! In the last three months, the boys collectively have grown 2 1/2 inches!!! Trevor grew 1 inch. Brenner grew 3/4 inch. Parker grew 1/2 inch. Spencer grew 1/4 inch. If they keep this up they'll be all grown and out the door in no time!!!.....oh, I miss them already! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so wonderful, Michelle! We miss all of you. Hunter will be working on learning how to ride his bike without his training wheels too. Give all the boys a hug and kiss from Aunt Melissa and Uncle Seth and monkey hugs from their cousins.

jan said...

I'm glad you did get some one on one time with Trevor. Soak up those times Michelle!

Anonymous said...

We had a blast with our two grandchildren too. It reminded me of how much energy it takes with little ones and brought back me fond memories of you and your sisters. It was neat to see some of Sean and you in Brenner and Parker. A special time for us. I am glad you got some things done without too many interruptions. We love you.
Mom and Dad