A couple of weeks ago we had the rare opportunity to take off for three days. We packed up the pop-up camper and headed south to Lincoln State Park and Holiday World. I checked with my surgeon prior to 'take-off' and she said that I was 'cleared' to ride any roller coaster I wanted to. My port wouldn't be a problem. Yippee!!!
We had a BLAST!!!!! At first, I took Brenner and Parker to ride all of the kiddie rides and Sean took Spencer and Trevor to ride the BIG rides. After awhile, we discovered that Parker was tall enough to ride most of the BIG rides if an adult rode with him. He was begging me and I was easily persuaded.
So, I did.
And I screamed the entire ride!
When Parker found out that you could wait in line to sit in the front seat, he begged, "Please, Mommy! Let's go on the Raven!"
So, I did. And we sat in the front.
And I screamed the entire ride!
By then, the whole family was back together, so we walked over to another BIG ride. The Voyage. Spencer had had enough of the big rides by this point. He stayed with Brenner while the rest of us jumped into line. (Thankfully, it wasn't a crowded day and we didn't have to wait long for any of the rides).
Trevor said, "Will you ride with me, mommy?"......"Absolutely," I said.
So, I did.
And I screamed the entire ride!
Wow! What a day! I think that was the best cancer therapy I've had yet. You can really let out a lot of unsuspecting, pent up anxiety with unadulterated screaming. Whew! I know the boys had a great trip, but of all of us, I enjoyed it the most!
3 comments:
I really hope that all my boys like the "big" rides when they get older. I love them and look forward to sharing that experience with them! I am glad that you had a good time. :)
My brother does a "Silent Scream" to relieve stress. He just goes into his office, shuts the door, opens his mouth and "screams" as loud as he can without letting any sound out. He swears it's a wonderful stress reliever.
Personally, I think he shuts his door so the men in "white suits" don't pack him away in a padded room. :-)
I am glad you had a great time! What a memory your guys will have when they're grown.
We just went to Holiday World & Lincoln park a couple of weeks ago too! I hadn't ridden a big ride in about 15 years! I went on the Legend and that was enough for me:) Next time I plan on riding the Voyage. It is fun when your kids can enjoy the rides.
Post a Comment