Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Spiritual Windows

About 3 years ago, Sean got an idea in his head......the kind that inspires him to charge full steam ahead. Within 6 months we had a new home sitting next to our existing home!

During the construction process, before dry wall was in place, I would sneak over after school or during naps to write scripture on the 2 by 4's. I picked out different scriptures for different areas of the home (kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, office, school room, entry....you get the idea). As usual, God's timing is perfect. I wrote these verses down a couple of years ago (both in a notebook and all over my new home) and then tucked them away and forgot about them. While cleaning out one of my dresser drawers a few weeks ago, I discovered my notebook of verses. God used these verses once again to speak life into my spirit at a time when my soul was downcast.

Here are some of the verses written over my windows......verses that speak of the light of God in our lives.....verses that speak of our reflection of his light in this world. May the spiritual windows to your spirit be encouraged today! May His light dispel whatever darkness you are allowing to reside in the recesses of our mind, body, and soul.

The Lord is God, and he has made his light shine upon us. Ps 118:27

The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? Ps. 27:1

You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden. Mt. 5:14

Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. Isa. 60:1

And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. Gen. 1:3

You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord turns darkness into light. 2 Sam 22:29

Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord. Ps 4:6

The unfolding of your words gives light, it gives understanding to the simple. Ps 199:130

For God....made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 Cor 4:6

God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5

3 comments:

Tisha Alexander said...

What an amazing idea!! I would of never of thought of that. You are SO creative. :)

Monica said...

Thanks for sharing your verses. I'll never look at your walls the same again:)

jan said...

I love that idea! It's taking Deut. 11 literally...:-)