Yesterday I finished my 11th chemo treatment. It was a relatively painless ordeal.
Today I awoke to my 6 year old, Parker, holding a flower pot with purple flowers and Sean carrying a breakfast tray. Parker was extremely excited in serving me in this way, so it was impossible to be mad at him for waking me up. Sean left to get back to his work while Parker lingered. He was ready for some one-on-one mommy time. Noticing one of my unopened Christmas art sets on my bedside dresser, he asked when I was going to paint something. I'm not sure if it was the fresh coffee and buttered toast or the sweet smile of my dear boy, but I said that today seemed like a good day to get started.
Finding no directions in the kit, I decided to look some information up on the Internet. So Parker ran downstairs to get my laptop and brought it up to me. He jumped under the covers and patiently watched as I took a short detour and replied to a few e-mails first. As I was typing, he said the cutest thing. "Hey, Mommy, your fingers sound like happy feet! You know that show where they tap their feet."
What a precious boy with a wonderful imagination! His sweetness turned my happy finger tapping into a happy heart. Just think what I would have missed if I'd been upset with him for waking me up in the first place!
Only one Abraxane/Herceptin treatment to go. I will continue with Herceptin for the rest of the year, but I'll only have to go once every 3 weeks. That's pretty manageable.
********
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
2 comments:
Great reminder to enjoy those wascally cuties! I'm sure I miss many such moments by my busyness. Hurrah for one more weekly treatment to go!!!!
Tif
I just love your boys! Their perspective is priceless. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the little 'interuptions'.
Post a Comment