The high on Saturday was in the mid-40's. BUT it's April!!! Time to say good-bye to winter and hello to spring. So, I spent most of last week de-winterizing. The spring coats and swim trunks (Yes, I'm hopeful!) and all the boys' spring clothes have come out of hiding, and all-things-winter have been laundered and tucked away. Some may call this spring cleaning, but I have a hard time saying that when its still soooooo cold outside.
There is no easy way to muddle through de-winterization. During most of the process my house looked as if a tornado came through the front door, wound its way upstairs into every room and then back down. Since so much time was spent with clothes, the dishes were neglected and the washer and dryer worked over-time, allowing the tornado to make a quick stop in the kitchen and laundry room before heading back out through the garage door. With mommy swallowed up in clothes, the boys found a creative way to satisfy their need for spring. Throughout the week, bikes, balls, soccer shoes, buckets for the creek, and water boots were scattered over the lawn and driveway. What a happy mess! And somewhere in the middle of that my Parker learned to ride his bike without training wheels!!!
As tiring as the whole de-winterizing process was, it feels so good to have it all done!!! That wouldn't have been possible without the help of three wonderful people. My Mom, Uncle Dennis and Aunt Mary. On Thursday, my mom came over after school to help keep the boys busy while I got the process started. Then on Saturday, Uncle Dennis and Aunt Mary drove down from the Chicago area. They'd planned on spending time with us and wanted to help out any way they could. I had no idea I'd be de-winterizing when they offered to come down. But the timing was perfect! Dennis and Mary happily and lovingly kept those four boys busy for me.
The boys will not remember this weekend as the time mommy was swallowed by the 'whale of clothes,' and then 'resurrected' on the third day. No, this will be the time their funniest Great Uncle and sweetest, most patient Great Aunt came to town and entertained them with Horton Hears a Who, McDonald's, The Game of Life, Wallace and Grommet, and lots of smiles and fun!!
*****Conversation of the Week:
As we awaited the arrival of Dennis and Mary, I said to Sean, "This will be great! The boys are so excited about Aunt Mary and Uncle Dennis coming. They'll keep the boys out of our hair and we'll get stuff done." Sean responded, "Honey, neither of us has any hair." I immediately frowned and nudged his arm and said, "That's not funny!" But it was funny and I couldn't help but laugh with him.
*****
Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity...... Ephesians 6:15
I thank my God every time I remember you. Philippians 1:3
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17
No comments:
Post a Comment