Okay, yesterday I was feeling a bit blue...which is to be expected. Today, I'm feeling.....hmm.....let's say I'm feeling silver. That may not be the right color, but I'll go with that. As I drifted off to sleep last night (which took forever with two cups of coffee in my system) I started looking for the silver lining in my present circumstances. So I thought to myself, "What good things do I have to look forward to as a result of my double mastectomies?" Hmm.......think, think, think. Okay, I came up with a few and thought I'd share them in David Letterman style.
Here are "The Top Ten Silver Linings in Having a Double Mastectomy!"
Number "TEN": I needed some good reason to start getting those abs back in shape.
Number "NINE": Just think how freeing it will be to not have to reach for a bra every morning.
Number "EIGHT": I can purchase any size prosthesis that I want to.....Hmm....Do they make a Dolly Parton size?
Number "SEVEN": I'll sleep more comfortably on my belly.
Number "SIX": No more sports bras during exercise.
Number "FIVE": Less bra-time means less laundry! (Always looking at the practical side of things)
Number "FOUR": Should I decide to become a tree-hugger, I'll have more room to hug bigger trees!
Number "THR3E": When I'm older and in a Rehab Unit, the Occupational Therapist won't have to teach me how to put my bra on independently! (That one's for you, Julie!)
Number "TWO": No more headlight jokes and no more mammograms.
AND the Number "ONE" Silver Lining in Having a Double Mastectomy : This just may be what I need to improve my handicap on the golf course!
2 comments:
Ah, so that's why I couldn't sleep last night. I forgot about that coffee!! Or maybe I just needed more prayer time. :-) I love your Top Ten! They all make great sense to me.
Tif
Michelle:
Kelly sent me an email wishing me a Happy Birthday and telling me about your Blog and what you have been going through. I spent this morning reading your blog and the tears have flowed since. And laughs too - you are very funny! Most are tears of happiness for what an amazing, funny and incredibly brave Christian you are. You are my hero for sure! You won't remember me, but I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday and when your Mom told me that she named you Michelle I remember feeling like I had just been crowned Queen of Indiana! I was so proud because your Mom and Dad always treated me like one of their daughters and I knew they must truly love me to name their daughter Mochelle! We moved shortly after your birth and I never got to know you but through your Blog feel like I do. Kelly has been saying she may visit this year and I'm going to bug her until she does! Keep the faith because God is still and always will be in control of this world. He is our light and salvation and I could tell you about so many miracles he has performed in my family. Keep the "peace that passes all understanding" that only Christians can possibly understand in the midst of the storms of life. As I have gone through painful times in my life I make sure to thank him every day and trust that he is all knowing. I will be praying each and every day for your full recovery. Much Love, Michelle
Post a Comment