Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Most Wonderful Gift

A few weeks ago, my mom and dad asked Sean and I and our boys if we wanted to join them on their spring break vacation to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tennessee. We were thrilled to accept. What a great way for us to celebrate the end of chemo! And it's a nice break from the daily grind of homeschool.

So here we are in good ol' Tennessee. Last night we went to a wonderful dinner and show. The boys were mesmerized by the production. Parker even had his hair tossled by one of the performers who had come off stage for part of her song/dance. You can imagine the huge smile on his face when she waved back to him as she turned to go back on stage. The best part for me was one of the songs sung at the end. I Can Only Imagine.

We've got two more productions to see this week. One is called, The Miracle. The other is a comedy show. I'm looking forward to the rest of this week.

I only have 15 minutes of internet access here where we are staying. And I see the next fellow in line is getting anxious for me to finish. So, that's it for today.

2 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Yeah! How wonderful!! Have a great time!

Mr. Bird said...

I'm so glad that you've been able to get away- how fun is that?!

Relax. Enjoy. And have some sweet tea for me:)