Thursday, May 15, 2008

Have You Seen the Son Today?

As the fog in my mind continues to lift, I am just amazed at the brilliance I see all around me. Yet, mostly I hear others complaining about cloudy skies. "When will the sun shine again?" I realize my circumstances aren't like most, but I can tell you the Son IS shining. You just have to look a little closer......

His face was shining in the smile of the grocery clerk who checked us out at Kroger.

I saw it in my dental hygienist face as she tenderly cared for me yesterday. In fact I saw it in all of the faces of the staff who worked so quickly to get me in at the last minute.

He was there at the park on Monday as a friend and I shared our hearts, our burdens, and our joys together.

It was hard not to see him when another friend brought us a meal on Tuesday and then returned again on Wednesday to take me out of my house for a little while.

There was that moment today that my sons and I read about Gladys Aylward and her amazing devotion to the people of China. After 10 years of unconditional love and service....through good times and war......through her good works and constant service to the Lord, the mandarin of the province in which she worked gave a big celebration in her honor as she sat at his right side. At the end of the feast he publicly declared that he wanted to serve the same God that Gladys Alward had served so faithfully. WoW!!!! (I know that happened many years ago during WWII, but reading it today had a huge impact on me!!! And I don't think it was just my hormones!!)

His eyes sparkled in my mother's eyes as she tenderly massaged my scarred skin the other day.

Have you seen the Son today? If you think about it, I'm sure you have!!

**********
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:6-9

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers....Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. I John 3:16,18

We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. I John 5:13,14

"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you." Isaiah 60:1

No comments: