Just prior to my final submission to having radiation I had a discussion with my medical oncologist and husband. It went something like this:
Me: It's not so much that I don't want to do radiation, it's the surgery to remove my port and put another one in that I'm dreading.....all because of a suspected 15% chance of local recurrence.
Sean: Why do we need to do radiation? What does it do?
Me: It's like weed killer on a garden, Sean. It's supposed to keep the weeds from coming back....well, not the weeds....the cancer......you know what I mean.......that's just how I see it.
Dr. M: Hmm....Round-Up for the Chest Wall.....That's one way of looking at it.
Well, one port surgery and 27 radiation treatments later......and I've just about finished my round-up. Only one more to go!!! As much as I'd like to celebrate, I really can't yet. Sure it's great that my final radiation treatment is on Monday, but I still have my Herceptin treatments through January. That's when I'll be ready to P..A..R..T..Y!!
Help me, Lord, to stay positive. I'm really getting tired of it all. Help me to run this race with your strength and your peace. Continue to give me courage and boldness. May I continue to rejoice in you and give you praise, for GREAT is Your faithfulness!!
***********
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7
1 comment:
Michelle,
Thank you for this post. I needed to read it tonight.
You remain in my prayers.
God bless.
Kelly J.
Post a Comment