Sunday, March 30, 2008

Conversations Here and There

Here are the current ages of my boys. Spencer is 10, Trevor is 8, Parker is 6, and Brenner is 4.
And here are some thoughts we've had the last couple of weeks:

With a new 12-year old neighbor visiting, the boys were eager to get to know him and started asking all kinds of questions. Trevor asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. The boy replied, "I don't know. Haven't really thought of it." Here's the rest of the conversation:
Trevor: When I grow up, I want to be a Christian or a zookeeper.
Spencer: You can be a Christian no matter what you decide to be.
Trevor: No, I mean a Christian like Amy Carmichael.
Mommy: You mean you'd like to be a missionary?
Trevor: Yeah, but not just like Amy Carmichael and the other ones we've read about. I want to go around and preach, too.

(Hearing this come from the quietest of my four boys was quite a revelation.....and another treasure to tuck into my heart. )

*******

Parker: (While laying on my lap with a 102 fever Saturday night......) Mommy, I want ice on my head. Why do I want ice on my head?
Mommy: Because you have a cold or the......
Parker: I don't have a cold, mommy. I have a warm. That's why I need ice on my head.

*******

Parker: My mommy's not sick, she just has cancer.

*******

Trevor: I know God made everything. But what I'm trying to figure out is who made God.
Spencer (without hesitation): God has neither beginning nor ending, but always has been and always will be.

*******

Brenner: I like your bald head, mommy! You are so beau-ti-ful!

*******

But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Luke 18:16

4 comments:

Monica said...

These are precious. I can so picture your boys saying these things.

"I have a warm." Hee, hee!!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I have no doubt your bald head IS be-u-tiful! :) Sweet boys.

Rachel said...

Your boys say the cutest things!!! We still laugh about Brenner thinking Chris was Jesus helping him pour the lemonade:) Priceless!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love it when you write about your boys.